1. CALL OUR HOTLINE.
We have launched an emergency hotline for people facing eviction during the public health crisis. Please CALL US immediately if you're afraid you'll get evicted soon.
2. APPLY FOR RENT RELIEF.
In Massachusetts, residents can apply for rent relief through the Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT) program. If you're behind on your housing payments, we recommend you apply immediately using this form.
For more information about the RAFT process, timeline, eligibility, and also information in multiple languages click here.
3. LEARN ABOUT THE BOSTON EVICTION MORATORIUM.
For Boston residents, a temporary eviction moratorium is stopping constables and sheriffs from physically removing us from our homes. This order took effect on August 31st, 2021. When you call our hotline, make sure you ask us how the Boston eviction moratorium applies to your situation. You can read the order online here.
4. SIGN OUR PLEDGE.
If you're facing eviction, we invite you to sign our Pledge of Resistance to Unjust Evictions. We know that many thousands of families in Boston will be at risk of eviction when the current eviction moratorium expires, which could happen in the coming months. By signing this pledge, you're committing to defending your own home - and helping others in the same situation defend their homes too. You can sign the pledge here.
5. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS & RESOURCES.
- RENTERS: Read our answers to FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS!
- Watch Part One and Part Two of our training video about your rights and resources, presented by our organizers and a legal aid attorney.
- Find info on emergency shelters here.
- Find info on debt collection here.
Mutual Aid Links:
- Massachusetts Mutual Aid by Mass. Jobs with Justice: https://www.massjwj.net/news/2020/3/17/cover-19-mutual-aid-networks
- Mutual Aid for Undocumented Folks: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/18p9OSlLpSYanIoUC-gEbhVbRMYVUfw4wyrixa9ekGdc/htmlview?sle=true
- Information Compiled by AARW: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-x6vOZKVsla5H363mtdgcyivvLmcx7-f2s6l-O_ba8A/edit
- Fondos de ayuda de emergencia: https://docs.google.com/document/d/173JFwij9WUPuPHIBGKgk8lauYLPIkXZtkIeUZg6U_GI/edit?usp=sharing