We're hiring an Administration and HR Manager!
Position Title: Administration and HR Manager Job Description (Temporary, Full-time until 8/31/2021)
Reports to: Interim Executive Director
City Life/Vida Urbana (CLVU) is a 47 year old grassroots community-based organization committed to building the power of low-income and working class people to fight for social, racial and economic justice and gender equality. We do this through our anti-displacement campaigns that organize tenants and homeowners to fight to stay in their homes and to fight for broader community stabilization and public policy victories.
CLVU is currently operating in the environment of a global pandemic; all in-person operations have ceased; our entire operation is virtual. This poses unique challenges for the new hire, as occasional in-person visits to the Jamaica Plain office will be necessary.
The Administration and HR Manager is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures for 2 physical offices (Jamaica Plain and East Boston). The Manager’s role is responsible for: HR and benefits administration; office operations; coordinate volunteers,interns and fellows; and special projects.
Personnel Policies Administration
- Conduct new employee, intern, fellows orientation, onboarding
- Update policies as needed, recommend changes to BOD
- Maintain personnel files
Payroll & PTO Administration
- Submit bi-weekly payroll
- Time accrual tracking
- Health insurance plan
- Health reimbursement plan
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- CLVU Retirement Plan
Office Operations and Administration
- Front desk operations
- Telephone systems
- Computer network, incl manage IT consultant relationship
- Administer Google Suites (email; groups)
- Administer Quickbase - Organizing case management database
- Manage the physical office(s)
- Manage office vendors: Office supplies, furniture & fixtures, inventory
- Income processing and data entry
Volunteers, Interns & Special Projects
- Supervise CLVU high school interns
- Field volunteer inquiries and match to organization needs
- 5+ years of experience in human resources administration
- 5+ years of office management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization; ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to relate well to people from diverse cultural backgrounds and languages
- Experience with virtual meeting applications; and navigating the virtual space (in this current COVID-19 environment)
- Flexibility; some evening and weekend work required
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Salary is commensurate with experience. City Life/Vida Urbana is committed to hiring people represented by the diverse communities we serve. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.