FIGHT FOR EVERY HOME & DEFEND OUR NEIGHBORHOODS
- In 2019, we will defend 800+ families as they fight to stay in their homes and resist waves of speculation-fueled displacement.
- We will continue to build anti-displacement zones in the FAIRMONT CORRIDOR and the JP/ROX WASHINGTON ST corridor.
- We will fight against the construction of 10,000 new units of luxury housing on the Suffolk Downs site in East Boston without the addition of strong anti-displacement protections, a higher percentage of truly affordable unite and strict compliance with Fair Housing Law.
BUILD COMMUNITY CONTROL OF OUR NEIGHBORHOODS
- We will fight to take more buildings organized by tenant unions out of the hands of corporate landlords and place them under the ownership of a community land trust or nonprofit developers. We will train more of our members to be board members and ambassadors of community land trusts.
- With our Right to the City / Homes for All partners, we will continue building the BOSTON PEOPLE’S PLAN for equitable development through quarterly People’s Assemblies.
BUILD POWER TO WIN PROTECTIONS
- We will fight for legislation to protect and expand rights for all working-class renters and homeowners, including RENT CONTROL, RIGHT TO COUNSEL, and an EVICTION SEALING ACT. We’ll actively support efforts to make corporate developers pay for these initiatives through a TRANSFER FEE on the sale of luxury development.
BUILD LIFELONG COMMUNITY LEADERS
- We will develop hundreds of more leaders through WEEKLY RESIDENT MEETINGS in Jamaica Plain and East Boston, biweekly leadership TRAININGS, monthly LEADERSHIP TEAM coordination and strategy sessions, monthly TENANT ORGANIZING COMMITTEE meetings, and SOLIDARITY WORK with education, labor, climate, and immigrant rights campaigns.