We're hiring a Digital Communications Organizer!
This fall, we'll add a Digital Communications Organizer to support the communications work of City Life/Vida Urbana. We're seeking candidates who are passionate about winning housing justice and preventing unjust evictions.
City Life/Vida Urbana has organized for housing justice and related social justice issues in the Boston area since 1973. Our mission is to fight for racial, social and economic justice and gender equality by building working class power. We promote individual empowerment, develop community leaders and build collective power to effect systemic change and transform society.
Deadline to apply: Monday, September 28th, 2020
- Passion for grassroots community organizing in very diverse, working class communities of color and building solidarity from supporters
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms
- Proficiency in Spanish is very helpful
- Familiarity with G Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva, MS Office Suite, and CRMs such as Nationbuilder, Salsa, and/or Every Action
- Strong team skills, community-building skills, and motivation to facilitate leadership and participation of our members
- Strong writing skills is a plus
- At least 2 years of professional or volunteer experience in non-profit or grassroots communications
- Willingness to follow the lead of people most impacted by evictions and related forms of oppression; excitement to facilitate involvement of frontline residents
- Flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends
- Development of social media content and strategy (with a focus on Facebook and Instagram)
- Support for communications needs of our coalitions’ events and campaigns (social media, email/text blasts, flyers, web site updates, etc.)
- Some photography/videography (pre- and post-production, some assistance with documenting events), some coordination of outside photographers/videographers
- Some print design for reports, flyers, etc.
- Development of communications team with member-leaders
- Some web site updates and maintenance, plus assistance with micro-sites for campaigns or reports
- Production of monthly e-newsletter
- Assistance with audio/visual equipment during meetings and events
- Assistance tracking social media metrics and Google Analytics for grant reporting and strategy
- This is a full-time, salaried position with competitive benefits.
- This position will be supervised by the Director of Communications.
- This position involves some evening and weekend hours.
- During the pandemic, all staff are working remotely. Going forward, this position allows for some remote work.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, September 28th, 2020.